The Information Technology Resource Consortium Seminar Series occurs every 2nd Friday through August:
- Apr 10, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- Jun 12, 2020
- Jul 10, 2020
- Aug 14, 2020
July Topic: Promoting Transportation Resilience through Research: An Update from Transportation Research Board
July Speaker: David M. Jared, P.E., Senior Program Officer, Transportation Research Board
What is TRB doing to support transportation resilience?
Transportation resilience is “the ability of a transportation system to move people around in the face of one or more major obstacles to normal function,” such as extreme weather events, major accidents, and infrastructure failures (http://www.rideamigos.com).
Who is involved in these TRB efforts? How can you get involved in them? These and other questions on this topic of growing emphasis worldwide will be addressed in this presentation from David Jared, Senior Program Officer in TRB’s National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP).
As a major division of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, TRB promotes innovation and progress in transportation through research in an interdisciplinary setting. It stimulates research and offers research management services; provides expert advice on transportation policy; and disseminates research results and encourages implementation thereof. NCHRP conducts transportation research on topics of interest to the states at-large. Managed by TRB, it is jointly supported by Federal Highway Administration and state transportation agencies.
- Serves as a Senior Program Officer in the National Cooperative Highway Research Program(NCHRP), a national transportation research program managed by the Transportation Research Board (TRB).
- Retired from Georgia DOT in 2019 with 25 years of service, all in research.
- Managed GDOT’s research program, the eighth largest among state DOT’s, for over six years.
- Served on two AASHTO committees, two TRB committees, and three NCHRP panels.
- Fun fact: visited China (2006) and Israel (2010) on GDOT technical exchanges.