Career Fair Checklist
We are excited that you're planning to attend the Grainger Engineering In-Person Career Fair! Companies are looking for students to fill internships, co-ops, and full-time positions at these fairs. One-third of our on-campus interviews happen days after these events, so this is something you don’t want to miss!
There is no pre-registration for the event; however, you must check in onsite at the Illini Union on both days to attend the career fair.
Before the Career fair
* Research the employers; know why you want to work for the company
* Know your strengths and prove them with your experiences; develop a strong resume
* Check out ECS Career Fair Tips ; ensure that your Handshake account is up to date.
On the day of the Career fair
* Make a good impression: make eye contact, have firm handshakes, be enthusiastic, and dress nicely
* Communication is critical: listen carefully; show confidence; body language speaks louder
* Offer a polished resume; save recruiters' contact info
After the Career Fair
* Ask the recruiter about the interview timeline and keep in touch
* Stay connected with Engineering Career Services. We can help you navigate through your entire career search process.
Smile. Breathe. Repeat.
You've Got this and We've Got Your Back!