The ACES + LAS Career Fair is open to all students, but targeted to graduate and undergraduate students in the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
How to Prepare:
1. Register on Handshake @ Illinois
2. Check out Handshake career fair tutorial videos
3. Review the list of company participants, identify your top 5-10 and research their openings in advance
4. Make sure your resume is ready to be seen by employers before you upload it to Handshake @ Illinois and Book an appointment with your Career Services office
5. Check out the Events section of Handshake @ Illinois for a list of pre-Career Fair workshops and informational sessions
How to Participate:
1. Use your Handshake @ Illinois account to register up to and including the day of the event (we highly recommend registering in advance)
2. Beginning August 1, you may sign up for company-specific 30 min. group sessions and 10 min. 1-to-1 appointments with company representatives
- On the event page, go to the "Available Sessions" tab. You can also search for a specific company using the search box. After you have signed up for a session, it will be added to the "Your Sessions" tab.
3. Participate via live video during the event
- Log in to Handshake and click on this event under "Your Schedule". Go to the "Your Sessions" tab. To join your sessions, click on the "Join Video" link next to each session.
- Once the session start time has passed you will not be able to enter - be sure you are not running late, or you will miss your appointment!
As always, please contact your Career Services office if you have any questions.